Planning a trip and doing it can be two different things, This is a good example of this. On this trip I planned to go from the 103 just east of Jordan Falls down to Mud Lake, Hayden Lake and Ogden Lake and end in Jordan Bay. All started out well there was some paddling and some lining to get to Mud Lake. From there we headed down stream do Hayden Lake when things went bad. While lining through a narrow rocky area the canoe got turned sideways and the up stream gunnel dropped and it was pinned on a rock. With some effort we were able to get it off but as a result it split open the bottom of the canoe.  Normally I carry a roll of gaffer tape which would have patched it up and we would have been on our way but on this occasion I did not have any. Luckily I was near the power line that went right by my brother-in-law home and he was able to come with his tractor and drive us out. So lesson be learned always carry Gaffer Tape.

0 comments:

About Me

Dan
I am on a journey to paddle every lake in Shelburne county, A total of 121. With each outing there is a story to tell.
View my complete profile

Quote

I am always doing that which I cannot, in order that I may learn how to do it-

Pablo Picasso



Powered by Blogger.

Followers