Canoeing is something that I have always been interested in but rarely got a chance to. I have been a avid woodworker for many years now and had often thought about building a cedar strip canoe but was a bit intimidated by the idea, this all changed in 2003 when I met Dan Fry who is a master canoe builder. In this spring 2004 I build my first canoe. It is a 16' tandem canoe designed by Dan. This was the beginning of a journey that has taken me many places. Over the winter of 2008 I was driving one day when a question came to mind. "How many lakes are there in Shelburne County?" After consulting my maps I came up with a total of 121. So with that answer I have set out a goal of paddling all of them.To date I have been to 57. I have set up a website documenting my travels. (www.canoeshelburne.com) Over the next few weeks I plan on transfering over many of my blogs to this site.I hope you enjoy reading about my travels as much as I do in taking them.

0 comments:

About Me

Dan
I am on a journey to paddle every lake in Shelburne county, A total of 121. With each outing there is a story to tell.
View my complete profile

Quote

I am always doing that which I cannot, in order that I may learn how to do it-

Pablo Picasso



Powered by Blogger.

Followers